NMI’s main investment criteria:
Please note that these criteria are not complete and NMI may deviate from these criteria at their will.
- Mandate: NMI invests in microfinance institutions (“MFIs”) and other institutions providing financial inclusion to the poor in developing countries.
- Social focus: NMI is a strictly double bottom line investor; targeting social results and financial sustainability in our investments. The investee must target the Bottom of the Pyramid segment in a responsible and sustainable way
- Regions: Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia
- Prioritized Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
South Asia: India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines
- Instruments: Direct investments; equity or debt
- Terms and time: NMI is a long-term investor, offering fair market terms. The investment must be of a reasonable size and fit in well in the portfolio
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. These investment criteria are guidelines and NMI accepts no responsibility for any action taken. NMI has full right to reject any offer at any time without any burden of proof.