ShoreCap II is a microfinance investment fund providing equity for regulated and established microfinance institutions and small business banks in Africa and Asia. Technical assistance is available for ShoreCap II portfolio companies through a Technical Assistance Facility managed by Capital Plus Exchange. Shorecap II made its initial investments in second quarter of 2010. A representative of NMI will serve on the ShoreCap II Advisory Committee. ShoreCap II is managed by ShoreCap Management, a subsidiary of ShoreBank International, and a very experienced microfinance investment manager.
ShoreCap II Facts
- Total committed capital, first closing: USD 51 million
- Total committed capital, target: USD 100 million
- NMI Global Fund investment: USD 5 million
- Other large investors: The UK government-backed fund CDC Group, IFC (International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group), the European Investment Bank, the Dutch Development Finance Institution FMO, Finnfund, Skoll Foundation, and the ShoreBank Corporation
- Principal operating area: Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa