Belstar Investment and Finance Pvt. Ltd. is affiliated with Hand-in-Hand, a large, well-established nongovernmental organization engaged in reducing poverty by creating enterprises and jobs. Belstar is a non-bank financial company providing loans to low-income households that are unable to access such services from commercial banks. Belstar works through a Self-Help Group methodology and will assume responsibility for Self-Help Groups transferred from the existing microfinance operations of Hand-in-Hand.
NMI Frontier Fund
Click on the title to learn more about each investment.
FEFISOL ("the Company") is a new Microfinance Investment Vehicle (MIV) that has been founded by Solidarite International pour le Developpement et l'Investissement (SIDI), Etimos and Alterfin, each of which have an excellent and extensive track record. The Company will be managed by SIDI as the Investment Advisor, and SIDI will engage Etimos and Alterfin on a sub-contracting basis to provide additional investment services to the Company.
Fusion Microfinance ("Fusion" or "Company") is a non-banking finance company ("NBFC" or "MFI") which operates in 4 states in North India: Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh. The company has an outreach to over 60,000 female clients and a gross loan portfolio of roughly USD 10 million.
Goodwell West Africa is a business development company for the microfinance sector that invests in entrepreneurial microfinance organizations in Nigeria and Ghana on a socially and commercially sustainable basis. The Company provides commercial long-term equity capital and active support to emerging and established microfinance institutions (MFIs). The Company seeks to encourage and accelerate growth and build value while maintaining social focus.
Grooming Centre is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in November 2006, to address the near absence of financial services for the large population of economically active poor people engaged in small trading and micro productive activities in the Southern and Central States of Nigeria. The company has an outreach to over 250,000 female clients and a gross loan portfolio of roughly USD 40 million (2013).
KWFT-DTM is a microfinance institution (MFI) with nationwide operations in Kenya, providing savings and loan products to approximately 370,000 clients.
KWFT-DTM (the "Company") focuses exclusively on financial services to women and is operating mainly through group lending. The Company and its parent company, Kenya Women Holding, an established and reputable NGO, have been providing loans to poor women in Kenya since 1981.
LOMC ("the Company") is a microfinance institution (MFI) operating in Sri Lanka. The Company was spun off from Lanka ORIX Leasing Company (LOLC) as a subsidiary in 2008. LOLC had been carrying out microfinance activities since 2003 alongside its other leasing business. LOLC holds 80 % of LOMC and the remaining 20 % is owned by FMO, the Dutch Development Finance Institution.
MicroCred Senegal (MCS or the Company) is a microfinance institution (MFI) operating in the West Africa country of Senegal. The country has a high proportion of poor, with approximately 60 percent of the population living on less than USD 2 per day.
Progression Eastern African Microfinance Equity Fund ("Progression" or the "Company") is a new Microfinance Investment Vehicle founded by individuals with extensive experience in the microfinance sector in Eastern Africa. The Company aims at achieving capital appreciation and a positive social return primarily by providing Equity capital to Microfinance Institutions and Microfinance Enablers in Eastern Africa.
Soro Yiriwaso ("Soro") is a microfinance institution (MFI) organized as an association under Mali law and operating in southern Mali. Soro was started in 2001 as a spin-off of microfinance activities operated by Save the Children, the international charitable organization. At the end of 2009, Soro had a Gross Loan Portfolio of approximately USD 5 million and about 50,000 clients, of whom 95 percent are women.
Uganda Finance Trust ("UFT" or the "Company") is a regulated microfinance institution offering lending, deposits and money transfer services and has a branch network spread across most of Uganda. It is a prominent MFI in Uganda being one of three institutions categorized as Microfinance Deposit-taking Institutions (MDIs) and supervised by the Bank of Uganda.
Utkarsh Micro Finance Private Limited (Utkarsh) is a microfinance institution (MFI) focused on serving the highly underpenetrated northern states of India. Uttar Pradesh, where Utkarsh is based, has the highest credit demand of all Indian states with an estimated demand of more than INR 500 billion, only a fraction of which is currently offered by MFIs. The states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Madhya Pradesh, in which Utkarsh will focus its expansion, all have less than 6 % client penetration.